The Teiresias Gallery was opened in the beginning of the year 2008. It was first initiated by Masaryk University's deaf students' desire to present their own artwork. Almost simultaneously the Okamžik association offered photographs portraying the blind in unexpected situations to be exhibited in Brno. Last but not least the foundation of the gallery provided an opportunity to give an intellectual dimension to the Teiresias Centre entry hall where students spend time before and after their lectures and tutorials.
The aim of the gallery is to present not only the artwork of disabled authors and talented MU students but also various activities of the Teiresias Centre which have artistic potential or can serve as an additional information channel about its services. The exhibitions are opened to public and the accessibility for the disabled is guaranteed (wheelchair accessibility, materials in various formats, exhibition commentary for the visually impaired, sign language interpretation).
Support Centre for Students with Special Needs, Masaryk University
602 00 Brno
- Mgr. Ilja Rajdová – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 549 49 5876
- Mgr. Karolína Stehlíková, PhD. – e-mail: email@example.com, tel: 549 49 5876
Kenya – Daniela Hyklová, Karolína Hyklová (16 October 2012 – 30 January 2013)
- Nevidomí mezi námi [The Blind Among Us] (a travelling exhibition by the Okamžik association) (from 5. 1. to 29. 2. 2008)
- Marta Kounková: Svět mýma očima [The World Through My Eyes] (from 26. 3. to 30. 4. 2008)
- Pavla Francová: Mapy krajin a slov [Maps of Landscapes and Words] (from 13. 5. to 30. 6. 2008)
- Olympus 2003/2008 (from 2. 9. to 17. 10. 2008)
- Doteky tvaru [Touches of Shape] (from 22. 10. to 19. 12. 2008)
- Život nejen na kolech [Life Not Only on Wheels] (a travelling photographic exhibition by The Wheelchair Association) (from 7. 1. to 17. 2. 2009)
- Jak to vidíme my [The Way We See It] (a shared exhibition of Zlata Zumrová and Božena Přikrylová (from 2. 4. to 15. 5. 2009)
- Miroslav Panský: Ledové ostrovy (Island a Grónsko) [Frozen Islands (Iceland and Greenland)] (from 28. 5. to 31. 10. 2009)
- Jako vejce vejci? [As Like As Two Peas?] (a travelling exhibition of deaf authors' work by Zavři uši association), (from 6. 11. 2009 to 28. 2. 2010).
- Intimita [Intimacy] (a travelling exhibition of deaf authors' work by the Zavři uši association), (from 26. 3. 2010 to 13. 6. 2010).
- Codex Gigas – an exhibition of a model of a 13th-century medieval codex (from 1. 6. to 30. 6. 2010)
- Teiresiás 10/10 – a photographic exhibition celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the Support Center for Students With Special Needs (from 1. 3. to 30. 6. 2010).
- Ikarův pád (Ústa místo rukou) [The Fall of Icarus (Lips Instead of Hands] – paintings by Šárka Dvorská (from 20. 10. 2010 to 31. 1. 2011).
- Barevné pocity (kresby a malby) [Colourful Feelings (drawings and paintings)] – works of Jaroslava Struhařová, a deaf student of the Faculty of Education MU (12 October 2011 – 20 December 2011)
- Malý výběr z tvorby [A Few Selected Works] (Zuzana Juřinová) – a deaf student of the Faculty of Education MU (29 February 2012 – 30 June 2012)